Friday, January 11, 2008

We Need a New Nickname!

As many people may know, Jacobs Field no longer exists. Oh the stadium is there, but under the new name of Progressive Field. I saw on another blog about someone that found the irony of the "Indians" playing at "Progressive" Field. And I can't lie, I see it too.

But irony is not what this is about. When Jacobs Field was stripped away, we lost something important to our stadium. A nickname. That's right. Now, don't get me wrong, "The Jake" wasn't the best in sports, but it was something...it was Cleveland. And I'll be damned if I'm going to say that I'm going to "The Prog" for a game. It sounds like the new club that Britney Spears was caught without underwear and throwing up in.

So that is where I'm enlisting the help of all the loyal Internet readers out there. Cleveland has a ballpark, and now we just need our nickname. If we can get enough good ideas, I'll set it up for a vote and I will do everything in my power to have all the fans calling Progressive Field, "_________".

Leave any of your ideas for a nickname in the comment section.

1 comment:

jen said...

I've heard many times it being called the Pro, which is better than the Prog, if not by much